EventFall Harvest Class II: Soup Du Jour!
Welcome to my SECOND Fall Harvest Class! This month will be a bit different from my conventional cooking classes. As harvest time is finishing up and winter nears, it’s time to talk soups! We will start with a good chicken stock, (chicken stock instruction included!) and make three different soups. I will discuss how the methods differ for each soup, the many variations of each type, and how to create your own without a recipe and some basic knowledge! Incidentally, these three soups are all on my main menu as well – so there’s a good chance you’ve tried them before if you’ve ever had my catering 😉
To complement our soups, we’ll be making one of my favourite quick breads; cornbread with a spicy twist!
Utilizing some garden produce that can easily be found at the market, and celebrating some great local producers, you will experience that “taste of place” as we cook together on a chilly autumn afternoon! Class includes a local food package of Big Lake Pasta, Brule Creek flour and fresh tomatoes. There will be enough for a hearty meal and plenty of extra of each soup to freeze for a cold winter’s day!
- Curried carrot and squash soup with ginger cream swirl
- Big Lake Pasta minestrone with fresh tomato and basil
- Roasted red pepper and corn chowder with lime and cilantro
- Jalapeño cheddar cornbread
How it Works
- About 5-6 days before the class begins I will send out an email to all registrants that will include:
- List of ingredients needed and a recipe booklet to print off
- Instructions for preparation and any specifiic equipment needed
- A link to the Zoom meeting (you’ll require a FREE account with Zoom)
- The class will begin at 3:30pm EST but the Zoom “room” will open around 3pm to ensure time for technical glitches to get ironed out with both host and attendees. This is also a good time to get any last minute preparations ready!
- Attendees should try to have a monitor or at least a tablet to view the class on. A phone is not recommended as it will be too small to see much with. Although not required, we do recommend using a camera as it will improve the overall experience for everyone!
- Attendees will be able to interact freely throughout the class with the instructor but should limit convo with one another to the chat (this can be felt out though. If it’s not too crazy then feel free to speak with one another freely outside of the chat function)
- Following the completion of the class, a video recording of the evening will be sent out to all attendees, allowing for re-creation of various courses on your own.
- Enough food will be prepared to generously feed a family of 4.
- The cost is $40 (etransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org) or $42 via Paypal (button below) per household. Once payment is received your spot is confirmed!
- Please send a separate email with your name and email address to ensure I have your contact info as sometimes e-transfers don’t provide this information.