Welcome to my annual celebration of Caribbean cuisine! In my 4 years living in the Bahamas before moving to Thunder Bay, I’ve come to know and love these particular courses that you will be enjoying, especially the ridiculously delicious Bahamian rum cake! Our meal with feature some fabulous local offerings, including white fish by “Eat the Fish” and pea and sunflower shoots by Veg-e-tate Market Garden and cream by Slate River Dairy. Of course, we will include a palette cleanser featuring Prime Gelato’s sorbets!
So come over, get out of the cold and enjoy some Caribbean food this April!
- Tropical salad with sunflower and pea shoots
- Caribbean fish cakes with pineapple salsa
- Jerk pork tenderloin with peas’n’rice and plantain
- Coconut rum cakes
Fish cakes with pineapple salsa
Coconut rum cake
Things to Note:
- Classes can fit 8 comfortably around the island but we do typically have 10 for a class (it just means two people have to sit on the ends of the island – they’ll get special treatment for taking one for the team 😉
- All classes come with a take-home booklet of recipes and tips from yours truly 🙂
- I am not licensed to serve alcohol but you are more than welcome to bring your own wine!
- If you registered but are unable to attend the class, please provide a 48 hr notice otherwise it might not be enough time to find a replacement. In such an event, please understand that I will charge 50% of the cost ($35). Emergencies and extenuating circumstances are always taken into consideration.
- Registration is not officially confirmed until payment has been received.
- Tickets are $70 and can be purchased by calling me (708-3509) or clicking below.
- Any gift certificate, regardless of value, can be used toward a class!